Thursday 7 November 2013

My Head Is Full Of Meds....

Every now and again you come across a song which just seems to fit in with your mood so perfectly, you'd think it had been penned as the soundtrack to your head. This song today is by a guy called Elliott Smith (who you will either know about or you won't - as obvious as that sounds!) who wrote some really awesome tracks before his rather unfortunate (and sketchy) premature demise. I've had a few of his albums on my iPod for years now and it was only today that I sort of stumbled onto my collection again for the first time in about two years. 

This track, as soon as it kicked in, sounded like the cotton wool padded, fuzzy, detached sensation I'd had in my head for the past few days. It's not the lyrics, more the intentionally unsettling off-key notes; the floating, dreamlike, music-box tinkling and the one-two-three, beat timing that makes the track a waltz....they all come together to create a song that actually sounds as though it was composed to reflect my current state of play!

Y'all should definitely hit click and give it at least one listen, because it's a truly beautiful song and one you can easily drop off to sleep listening to it, wallow in your own miseries in it, or just go out for a stroll in the low autumnal, late afternoon sunshine, letting the ethereal quirkiness wash over you, perhaps even making sense of your own day:



Enjoy!

xx

1 comment:

  1. It's a very beautiful song. It's very calming, especially for my headache. I love finding songs that match my mood for the day.
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete

Now over to y'all to see what you have to say!